Sunday, April 8, 2012

Laughing for a Living

When people ask me what I do for a living, I envy my friend Maurice who can answer “I’m an architect.” Solid. Basic. Respectful. Everyone can understand it.

But for me…. in fact when I sense the question is coming, I avoid eye contact or even change the subject.

Otherwise the banter goes something like this:

“What do you do for a living?”

“I laugh for a living.”

“Say what?”

“I lead programs on the Healing Power of Laughter.”

“the healing power of what?”

(this is where I begin to get aggravated, because I am speaking English)

“I lead programs on what’s called Laughter Yoga.”

“Oh yoga, I’ve practiced Vipassana Yoga for years. How long have you been a yoga teacher?”

Can I just lie and say I’m an architect?

Photo: Stock.xchnge

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaHA! most architects i know have been 'off' work at least partly these days.. how about 'laugh healer' - that would be a conversation starter;-)

i think all people need the healing touch of laughter, being able to gently look at the world, not be so serious! thanks for sharing these laughter blog postings, makes me smile and even silent laugh! heehee
love, judy

Teresa said...

Thanks for reading and reading and reading my laughing friend...

Unknown said...

Teresa, you keep posting, I'll be reading;-) seriously, you write so wonderfully! heeheehee xo judy