Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Usain Bolt



I posted a version of this four years ago.  I’ll repeat it here again as my favorite joyful athlete did it again!!!

Usain Bolt brings play and laughter to the Olympics.  I think it’s a great thing! 

He shows us how to be at one’s personal best and simultaneously have a good time.  With his play he engages us to play with him.  With his celebration of himself he invites us to celebrate with him.  With his playful spirit, he brings us along for the ride.

I have lectured to many employees on the value of laughter at work.  How the boss no longer needs to crack the whip to make everyone fall in line, get overly serious and get the job done; how often the opposite is true.

Thank you Usain Bolt for celebrating life and who you are.   For bringing more laughter to the Olympics.  For showing us how to play and get the job done.

Play, skill, and laughter are a successful combination.

No comments: