Monday, September 3, 2012

Thomas' Feedback




I got the most wonderful feedback from a student in a class that I was co-teaching at a local university - Laughter in Life - with Laughter Yoga.  This is from a young male college student, not the easiest population to win over:

“Teresa made the class click.  Any less of an instructor would have handled the circumstances (a room full of kids who don’t know each other) awkwardly.  It takes a special person to be able to command the type of respect needed for something as silly as laughing at the sound of vowels.  I always felt that whether or not I came to class ready to laugh, Teresa would be ready to get things started.

Often during the sessions I would think, “Does this lady ever not laugh hysterically at anything?”  I could never tell if she had mastered the art of faking a laugh to get everyone else laughing, or if she genuinely thought everything was hilarious.

Slowly I started to realize the genius of Teresa.  At first she comes off almost as a different breed of person (I mean this in only the nicest way possible.)  She made the most uncomfortable situations seem effortless and easy, and often was the source of laughter in the room as much as the activities.  Sometimes I wonder how it would have been if someone else had been leading the sessions, and it almost doesn’t seem possible.  She literally might be the most perfect person for her job possible.”

A heartfelt thank you to you Thomas!

Photo:  Stock.xchnge 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh teresa, isn't that sweet?!

you've got a great gig goin, and I hope you have more of these classes;-)

xo judy