Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Laughing Eyes



They tell my friend Sandy that she has “laughing eyes”.  I agree.  They told me once that when I lead laughter sessions, the laughter goes up into my eyes.  When someone laughs with genuine joy, you can see it in the eyes – it’s the way they crinkle.  Laugh lines develop over time around our eyes.

Is there a connection between laughter and the eyes?

My new hair dresser, who practices something called Hair Syntony or hair balancing, advises me to thin out my bangs so we can see more of my face, so we can see more of my eyes.  The window to the soul.  As we’ve always heard.

Laughter is also a window to the soul.  So perhaps there’s the connection.  You can see it in the eyes – laughing eyes.  Like my friend Sandy.  Who laughs much and laughs well.

Photo:  Stock.xchnge

No comments: